Wednesday, August 8, 2007

another messy position

I don't think I can prove my next move right -- and I'm prepared to believe I'm wrong -- but I do think it's an interesting choice.

Button Men Game #591452

This game is 'for fun' and does not count for player rankings.
Arena Game: Random BM from Majesty

Skills in this game: X Swing
Player: ElihuRoot *Dead Dude* *Fanatic*
Your Button Man: Yeti (10 20 30 30 X) Score: 36 (-16 sides) Rounds Won/Lost/Tied: 2 / 2 / 0 (Out of 3 wins)
Your Captured Dice: None
10-sided die 20-sided die 30-sided die X Swing
(with 12 sides)
30-sided die
5 16 10 10 11
Captured last turn
4-sided die 4-sided die 12-sided die X Swing
(with 20 sides)
X Swing
(with 20 sides)
4 3 7 9 9
Opponent: kleric *Ninja Boy* *Fanatic*
Button Man: Nerni (4 4 12 X X) Score: 60 (16 sides) Rounds Won/Lost/Tied: 2 / 2 / 0
Captured Dice: 30-sided die

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since he has a 16 side lead and only 60 sides worth of dice, he needs to take 44 sides to win.
Since I can't really expect to have a good chance of keeping either the 10-sider or the 12-sider throughout the match, I really need to protect the 30-sider.
To do this, I'll need to take his 12-sider, take his 4-sider showing 3, or reroll the 30-sider and hope it lands safely.
Rerolling the 30-sider is obviously the worst option right now, since the other two would guarantee its safety.
Of the other dice, the 12-sider is already showing high in its range and would be safe if left alone here.
The 10-sider can only take the 4-sider and would probably still be vulnerable when re-rolled.
The 20-sider, however, could take the 12-sider, is currently vulnerable and needs to be rerolled to have any chance of being safe, has a better chance of rolling safely than the 10-sider (30% vs. 10% chance), and is worth more to hang on to.

So, I'd take the 12-sider with the 20-sider.