Wednesday, July 18, 2007

This one may be harder to agree on:

The previous examples I posted were all at or near the end of the game -- which gives us the ability to actually compute the exact probability of winning -- or at least make a pretty decent approximation. It's harder (for me, at least), to be so precise at the beginning of a turn.


Game #166629 from June 2003, and something called "IBMF (provisional)" -- I had to search the message boards to remember what that was!

Anyway, it's the start of the last round of the game, I have the initiative -- but what do you think I should do? I know what I *did*, and I have my reasons, but I'm not going to promise you it was the right thing to do.

Player: randomlife *Fanatic* *Pesky* *Teen Girl Squad*
Button Man: Sailor Mercury Score: 23 (10.6 sides)
Rounds Won/Lost/Tied: 2 / 2 / 0 (out of 3 round(s))
Captured Dice: None

Dice 4-sided die8-sided die8-sided die
12-sided die
10-sided die
4-sided die
Value
3
7
8
2
8
4

Dice 10-sided diePoison
20-sided die
20-sided die
20-sided die
X Swing
(with 4 sides)
Value 109
20
91
* Next Turn * Player: ElihuRoot *Fanatic* *Dead Dude* * Next Turn *
Button Man: Crusher Score: 7 (-10.6 sides)
Rounds Won/Lost/Tied: 2 / 2 / 0
Captured Dice: None

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just looked back at this game and I remember that there was something unusual about it. Especially after reading our comments to each other.

I don't remember what you did, but if I were you I'd probably use the 20-sider showing 20 to capture my 12-sider showing a 2. There's no way you can protect the 20 and if you take my 2 I can't capture your other 20-sider.

How and WHY did you save this game?

Ted said...

How is easy... just cut-and-paste into the "My Notes" feature of the web site. I lose the graphics, but get the basic information of the game.

Why, I couldn't say. Well, maybe I can: I sometimes used to save games that seemed interesting in some way, thinking I'd look at them later -- but I was very inconsistent about it, and sometimes deleted them when the game was over and sometimes forgot about them. I am hoping to construct some more subtle puzzles at some point, but this is a lot easier to crank out -- and still illustrates some themes.

Ted said...
This comment has been removed by the author.