Thursday, July 12, 2007

it's my firm belief

that many people who play buttonmen understand the strategy of the game imperfectly -- I include myself, by the way! I have seen numerous errors in several strategy posts on the message boards of buttonmen.com, and even on web sites with articles about strategy. And I KNOW the online statistics for button-vs-button are not always very good indicators of the true relative strength of the buttons with optimal play.

Speed dice are dangerous, sure -- but they are not NECESSARILY as dangerous as you might think from the compiled statistics. People often misplay against speed dice and expose themselves to more risk than they need to.

Null dice are usually weak -- but they may not be as weak as everyone thinks!

Max is an easy button to play -- or to play against -- well, no, he isn't at all!

Maybe I'll get around to writing my own strategy articles; maybe I'll just occasionally make references to errors I've seen. I'd love to save occasionally interesting positions I've encountered.

Or maybe I'll never get around to any of this -- but it doesn't hurt to try!

No comments: