Monday, April 10, 2017

quick!

I notice that when I have a large stack of  games waiting for me to make a move on the web site, I  tend to wade through them too quickly, making moves at a glance without doing careful analysis. Often I see my mistake just moments too late.

What should I have done instead?
[Actually, in this particular game,  maybe it doesn't matter very much -- even with my mistake, I'm probably going to win this round anyway, as g. has to get very lucky on her die rolls to win here. But I could have made it even more difficult for her.]

Oh, shoot, the cut-and-paste lost the value of the capture die (and of course it doesn't include the previous value of the die I used to make the attack.  In fact, I  my last attack  was to use my s(10) which was showing a value of 4 to take g.'s 10 sided die which also had a value of 4. Of course, my s(10) has just rerolled to show a value of 8.

So reset my s(10)  to value 4 and give g. back her 10 sided die with value 4 and come up with a better choice for me.


Game #19422  •  ElihuRoot (Wastenott) vs. glassonion (King Endymion)  •  Round #1
reverse
Opponent's turn to attack


s(4) s(8) s(10) s(20) s(X)
Button: Wastenott
Player: ElihuRoot
W/L/T: 0/0/0 (3)  •  Score: 51 (+22.7 sides)
Dice captured: (20), (10)
s(4)
3
s(8)
2
s(10)
8
s(20)
17
4
(6)
15
(20)
 4 
(10)
Dice captured: s(X=4)
W/L/T: 0/0/0 (3)  •  Score: 17 (-22.7 sides)
Player: glassonion
Button: King Endymion
(6) (10) (20) (20) r(6) r(10) r(12) r(20)

No comments: