Friday, July 8, 2016

To boom or not to boom, that is the question.

I am finding boom dice more and more interesting the more I play them. A case could be made for booming the b(6) here. IF I can capture one more non-poison die [and don't risk rerolling the Mad swing to somewthing worth a lot when captured, I'm home free. Is it worth it?


Game #14696  •  ElihuRoot (George) vs. irilyth (Sagittarius)  •  Round #4
Champions Cup KO #3 - quarterfinals
Your turn to attack


(4) (6) b(6) b(20) (Y)&
Button: George
Player: ElihuRoot
W/L/T: 1/1/1 (3)  •  Score: 21.5 (+11.7 sides)
Dice captured: (V=6)
(4)
1
b(6)
2
b(20)
14
(Y=1)&
1
(6)
 4 
2
(4)
3
(4)
4
s(8)
1
p(10)
Dice captured: (6)
W/L/T: 1/1/1 (3)  •  Score: 4 (-11.7 sides)
Player: irilyth
Button: Sagittarius
(4) (4) s(8) p(10) (V)

1 comment:

James said...

I think that I'd still do the skill attack with the (4):1 and b(6):2 to capture the (4):3. I would be aiming to capture all of the opponent's dice while not losing my b(20). In that case, capturing one of the opponent's dice means one move closer to the end of the round

I can see that you don't really want to be forced into rerolling the (Y=1)& until later in the round, but I think that the b(20) should be able to do enough almost safe captures to win the round on its own.