Friday, January 31, 2014


With stealth dice (did you remember that "d" meant "stealth"? I didn't. and it's confusing because I want to talk about a d8 or d12, etc, and I just mean a die with that many sides), the options are a lot fewer, but still sometimes subtle. Well, maybe not in this case.

glassonion has only two choices, take my 8-sided die or my 12-sided die. Normally, this would be a no-brainer, but one should at least stop for a moment and think about whether my available skill attack with the 4-sided die should make any difference.

Game #57
Round #2
Opponent's turn to attack


Player: ElihuRoot
Button: Howling Wolf
W/L/T: 1/0/0 (3)
Score: 54
Dice captured: (12), (20)
1
d(4)
1
(8)
2
(12)
19
d(20)

2
d(4)
4
(8)
6
d(20)
Dice captured: (20)
Score: 36
W/L/T: 0/1/0 (3)
Button: Howling Wolf
Player: glassonion

3 comments:

Chaos (glassonion) said...

I did, i did (without seeing this post, even)! I stopped, i thought, i decided to deny you the skill attack... and i lost.

But i had to, didn't i, because you were far enough ahead on score that if you'd been able to make the skill attack, i would have lost regardless of the outcome of my reroll.

Ted said...

Wait -- really? if you take my 12-sided die, then I do the skill attack, but my 8-side die rolls low enough that you can take it with whatever your 8-sided die rerolled to, you'll capture my 8-sided die and my 12-sided die,but I'll only capture your d4 [that is stealth-4). you'll gain 16 sides on me, which is 24 points, enough to win! [but of course, things might not turn out that way]

On the other hand, if you take my 8-sided die first, it's easy to see you'll win unless you roll a 1,2, or 3 in which case you'll lose UNLESS my 12-sided die rerolls to 8, in which case your stealth dice will take me and you'll tie.

James said...

On an unrelated side note, it's cool that the mouseover text works here too, to tell you the type of die.