Tuesday, December 17, 2013

a rare event.

It's glassonion's turn in this game with the Lunch Money buttons. What is glassonion's best move now? [there aren't that many choices]

ElihuRoot performed Skill attack using [(2):1,(8):5] against [(12):6]; Defender (12) was captured; Attacker (2) rerolled 1 => 1; Attacker (8) rerolled 5 => 8.
Game #30
Round #4

Player: ElihuRoot
Button: Patience
W/L/T: 2/1/0 (3)
Score: 32
1
(2)
2
(2)
8
(8)
6
(X=8)

2
t(2)
4
(6)
1
(Y=1)
Score: 16.5
W/L/T: 1/2/0 (3)
Button: Faith
Player: glassonion
It is your opponent's turn to attack right now.

Last action time: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 07:20:09 +0000

2 comments:

Joshua Zucker said...

Assuming my calculations are correct, he has to capture all your dice in order to win.

But if he skill attacks your X, then your 2 catches his 2 and then you catch his 1, so there's no way for him to get your 8 showing 8.

So is there any path he has to have a chance of winning? If he trips your 8, same problem, your 2 takes his 2 and then one of your 2s gets his 1.

This seems to say that taking your 2-sider showing 2 with his 6-sider is the best chance of winning, which seems crazy!

Ted said...

That doesn't quite work, though. if she doesn't capture my 8 sider -- or at least make it reroll RIGHT now, she can't possibly win. if I can, I'll take the trip die on my next turn without rerolling the d8, then it will be safely out of her range as I pick off the d1, then capture the d6 on the last turn.

So her only hope is to trip the d8. that's as far as I got in-game and it led me to post the problem. But now, I see your point, maybe that's no better: after all, I can then take the trip die and my d6 is safe for at least one turn... even if the d6 rolls high enough to threaten it, I can capture it and take the d1 on the next turn. So my original idea is wrong, there was no way out for glassonion at this point.

I should edit the problem to make one of these approaches work but not the other.