Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Berserk Dice...

Remember, Berserk dice (A) don't count for initiative, (B) can't perform skill attacks and (C) when they perform berserk attacks, they are replaced by a normal die of half the number of sides (rounded up)...

first off, do you agree with our choices of swing dice? [note that I lost round 1 and kept my 30-sided berserk swing die for round 2. F had a 20-sided berserk swing die from the beginning and has not yet had an opportunity to make a change.]

Secondly, do you think I should do a berserk attack here?



Button Men Game #722749
This game is 'for fun' and does not count for player rankings.
Arena Game: Random TL BM from Bruno!

Skills in this game: BerserkU SwingX Swing
Player: ElihuRoot *Dead Dude* *Fanatic*
Your Button Man: The GM (4 8 12 16 BU)   Score: 35 (-2 sides)   Rounds Won/Lost/Tied: 0 / 1 / 0 (Out of 2 wins)
Your Captured Dice: None
4-sided die8-sided die12-sided die16-sided dieBerserk U Swing
(with 30 sides)
  4  1  12  4  19
Berserk
8-sided die
Berserk
8-sided die
Berserk
20-sided die
Berserk
20-sided die
Berserk X Swing
(with 20 sides)
  7  6  12  8  13
Opponent: Finngall *Man Isle* *Fanatic*
Button Man: Bruno (B8 B8 B20 B20 BX)   Score: 38 (2 sides)   Rounds Won/Lost/Tied: 1 / 0 / 0
Captured Dice: None
Select an attack:

Results from last turn

Rolling Dice...
Determining Initative...
It is ElihuRoot's turn to go first.


4 comments:

irilyth said...

Actually, Berserk dice do count for initiative; it's Rage dice that don't. (I used to get this wrong all the time, but have recently figured it out, finally. :^)

James said...

I like setting swing Berserk dice to max too. I feel that they are then more useful, but there's no concrete reasoning behind that.

I'd definitely use a Berserk attack on the d8 showing 6 and d20 showing 13, if only because it ensures that the opponent has a difficult choice between taking your d12 on max or the d16 and d4 with low values.

Ted said...

D'oh. I can't believe I messed up the Beserk dice/initiative thing. Maybe it was because of the stinger dice in the other game I'm thinking about...

Ted said...

Re: James -- I was motivated to keep my berserk at 30 as much for defensive reasons [it diminishes the chance it will fall victim to a berserk attack, PLUS since berserk dice can't make skill attacks, it is more likely to be safe if it rolls high here...]. And I'm not so sure that it makes sense to make the berserk attack at this mount, since he'll be able to make at least one back at me no matter what and I run some risk of losing all my larger dice. But leaving my Berserk U-swing with its value of 19 is actually pretty safe since he can't make skill attacks.