Tuesday, March 24, 2009

what should jocke do first?

If I had more on the ball, I would have saved the position before my last focus die maneuver -- it was one of the Crab positions that I love so well, where one has the option of either getting initiative or leaving the 20-sided die safe [at least for the first turn]. Do you think I did the right thing?

But the question now is what Jocke should do. Do you think he should take my die with value 10? or should he go for the 20-sider with value 1 right now?


Viewing Game #666572

Tournament #13584: L5R vs Samurai Bash
Current Round: Round 2. (organized by Jocke)
8-player single-elimination tourney
This game was last modified on Tue Mar 24, 2009 01:06:46

Player: ElihuRoot *Dead Dude* *Fanatic*
Button Man: Crab Score: 35 (2 sides) Rounds Won/Lost/Tied: 1 / 0 / 0 (out of 3 round(s))
Captured Dice: None
Dice 8-sided die10-sided die12-sided dieFocus
20-sided die
Focus
20-sided die
Value 2210161
Dice 6-sided dieFocus
8-sided die
(dizzy)
Focus
10-sided die
(dizzy)
20-sided die20-sided die
Value 511513
* Next Turn * Player: Jocke * Next Turn *
Button Man: Mantis Score: 32 (-2 sides) Rounds Won/Lost/Tied: 0 / 1 / 0
Captured Dice: None

Results from last turn:
The Focus 10-sided die showing 10 is turned down to 1.
Jocke turned down his focus dice.
Jocke gained the initative with his Focus Dice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were playing, I'd capture the [20]-showing-1 with my [20]-showing-5, for two reasons: It has a chance of making my [20] untakeable, or at least less vulnerable, and if I don't my opponent will be able to use their [20] to capture one of my focus dice, possibly rendering it (their [20]) untakeable.
I really don't see how taking the [12]-showing-10 with a skill attack could be preferable, since it leaves my opponent with both [20]s and probably makes my [6] smaller, and hence less valuable.

Anonymous said...

In addition to the reasons jimmosk lists, there is no safe result the 20-sider can roll after taking the 12-sider and two (17 and 19) if the 20-sider is taken.